What are some signs that you’re an INTJ personality type? I created this list (and video) for fun. I enjoy pointing out some of the quirks of our personality type.And while some of these things may apply to other introverted types, I think most INTJs will find that they can relate with most of this list.
20 Signs You’re an INTJ
You might be an INTJ if…
- If you have more video games, books, or gadgets than you do friends, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you breathe a sigh of relief when the elevator doors close and you realize you’re the only one in there, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you have your life, death, and funeral planned before age 25, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If 90% of your conversations take place in your own head, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you cringe when the phone rings, you’re probably an INTJ.
- When the UPS delivers a package and you secretly watch through the curtains to make sure they’re gone before you open the door, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you carry a badge in your wallet that reads “Grammar Police,” you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you spend considerable time proofreading comments or emails before submitting them, only to go back and edit because you missed something and don’t want to appear stupid or illogical—you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you’re incapable of doing even simple tasks without taking time to stop and think of the best strategy to do it, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If people constantly say things to you like, “What’s wrong? Are you angry? Cheer up!”—then you’re probably an INTJ with a death stare.
- If you make detailed lists for everything, including lists of lists you need to make, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If your idea of a vacation consists of sitting in bed for a week while bingeing on Netflix, books, or video games—you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you arrive at your home after driving and wonder if you inadvertently ran any red lights on the way home, you might be an INTJ.
- If you have a fence or screen of trees enclosing your property so that you won’t be bothered by nosy neighbors, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If the door mat on your front porch doesn’t read “Welcome,” but instead reads Proverbs 25:17, you’re probably an INTJ. “Withdraw thy foot from thy neighbour’s house; lest he be weary of thee, and so hate thee” (Proverbs 25:17).
- If you can explain a complicated scientific theory to someone, yet can’t give him or her basic driving directions to a store in your own town, you might be an INTJ.
- If having a root canal is preferred to small talk, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If you meet someone new and forget their name before you even have time to shake their hand, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If the slightest disruption in your plans causes you to feel intense frustration or anxiety, you’re probably an INTJ.
- If your friends or family members are constantly nagging you to hang out, but you think to yourself, “Man, I just hung out with this person one month ago! What do they think I am, some kind of machine?”—you’re probably an INTJ.
Well, that sums up this list of 20 signs that you’re an INTJ (aka, you might be an INTJ if…). I do plan to create a part 2 for this video in the future, along with some videos/articles on stereotypes.