What’s it like being married to an ISFJ? Do ISFJs make good spouses for the INTJ type? In a previous video, I poked fun at some of my wife’s ISFJ quirks. In this article and video, I’ll talk about some of the great things about being married to an ISFJ personality type.
ISFJ Marriage Perks
ISFJs are very hard-working people with a desire to serve and please others. They greatly value harmony in relationships, and this means that they work hard to keep the peace with everyone. They also dislike conflict.
If you’re wondering if it is wise to marry an ISFJ as an INTJ personality type, I can personally say…YES! My wife is the epitome of the perfect housewife/mother. She is the most loving, sweet, intelligent and hard-working person I know. I rely on her for so much.
Here are some awesome things about being married to an ISFJ (or things I like about my ISFJ):
- ISFJs are generally hard workers. My wife is constantly cleaning, working, cooking, or something. I don’t ask her to do that–she is compelled to do that! In fact, I often tell her that she needs to relax and cut back on chores, but she rarely does cut back. ISFJs will work hard and long to get things accomplished. What does this mean for me? A clean house and plenty of cooked meals.
- ISFJs are attentive to details. My wife is 1,000 times more observant than I am about concrete details. After having a conversation with a person, I rarely remember details. My wife can recall what people said, what they were wearing, and other things that I miss. She also reads people’s body language with ease. She can tell me all sorts of things that I would have never known. It’s fascinating.
- ISFJs are good with social interaction. A lot of ISFJs are okay with small talk (some even love it). In fact, ISFJs are sometimes known as one of the more extroverted introverts. When I feel awkward in a social situation, I can always count on my wife to pick up the pace and do the small talk. It’s nice.
- ISFJs are generally amazing parents. My wife is so loving and caring to our young son. She is always so attentive to his needs. Her sensing abilities helps her to smell a dirty diaper 30 feet away. I don’t think our son has ever been in a dirty diaper for longer than 5 minutes. She’s always bathing him, changing him, feeding him, etc. She does this on top of house chores and many other tasks.
- ISFJs genuinely care for other people. Their secondary function, extroverted feeling, seeks harmony in relationships. My wife hate’s conflict, and she prefers to get along well with everyone. She is always kind to others. I admire this about her.
I could write a book about the things I love when it comes to my ISFJ wife. However, I’ll stop here. The point I’m trying to make is that I’ve seen some websites suggest that ISFJs are not a good compatibility for INTJs. I couldn’t disagree more. I think we’re very compatible. Relationships depend on the person, not the type. However, I feel that my wife’s personality traits compliment mine, and I’m thankful for that.